Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Scriptures to Remember

This came from a book I'm reading in a moms' Bible study, Having a Mary Spirit, by Joanna Weaver. I'm encouraged to memorize more scripture when I think about how powerful it can be in everyday life!

"What I Know, Not What I Feel"

What I feel afraid...
"The Lord is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear?" (Psalm 27:1).

When I feel overwhelmed...
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor. 12:9).

When I feel like running away...
"And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand" (Romans 14:4).

When I feel threatened...
"O Lord my God, I take refuge in You; save and deliver me from all who pursue me: (Psalm 71:1).

When I feel betrayed...
"Be strong and courageous... For the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave nor forsake you" (Deut. 31: 6).

When I feel confused...
"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him" (James 1:5).

When I feel angry...
"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires" (James 1:19-20).

When I feel depressed...
"He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along" (Psalm 40:2).

When I feel unloved...
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt" (Jeremiah 31:3-4).

God's word is awesome!

2 comments:

seanbeckers said...

Thanks for the Godly encouragement. It's hard with small children, but we have to make time for God - thanks for reminding me of that. Love you!

Karen, aka Yaya said...

This post was awe inspiring!

Thanks for sharing!
Love, mom